How much do I need to pay to cancel a flight at Air Canada?
When you are a frequent Air Canada traveler, you know how customer-friendly Air Canada is. With its flexible booking and cancelling policy, Air Canada is known to provide an amazing travel experience even in times of inconsistency. The airline understands how inconsistent the travel plans can be, which is why the Air Canada cancellation policy is very flexible and accommodates all the passengers' needs and requirements.
Some important points about Air Canada cancellation policy
- You can cancel your booked flight if you have booked it through the Air Canada official website.
- Air Canada flight cancellation can only be made if you cancel the entire booking partial cancellation is not an option.
- If you cancel your flight booking two hours prior to the flight departure only then you can cancel your flight.
- Also, if you booked your flight on Air Canada via the Air Canada reservation center or by any other means.
- You can cancel your flights on Air Canada through the same method in which it was booked.
- In case, if you have to cancel your Aero plan Reward booking, in that case, as per the Air Canada cancellation policy, you need to contact the airline support team in order to cancel the flight.
Apart from this, if you need to know the Air Canada cancellation policy and want to get a refund for your flight cancellation, then, you should check the given pointers.
Know what Air Canada cancellation policy says
- If a passenger wants to cancel a flight reservation on Air Canada after 24 hours of flight reservation, then, he or she may require to pay the cancellation charges.
- Also, as per the Air Canada cancellation policy 24 hours, if a passenger cancels a flight within 24 hours of flight booking then flight cancellation can be done without paying the cancellation fee.
- Moreover, a passenger requires to cancel a flight then he or she can cancel the flight booking 2 hours prior to the departure.
- If your flight tickets are eligible for a refund only then you can cancel your flight and request a refund.
- If you have partially used a flight ticket, then, the unused part of your flight ticket will be refunded through miles or reward points.
The cancellation terms and conditions at Air Canada
You might have to pay around $100 to cancel a flight reservation if you exceed the standard time of cancelation. Take a look at the given cancelation terms and conditions at Air Canada-
- The Coronavirus cancellation updates state that Air Canada now allows you to cancel your flight for free if you are canceling it due to COVID-19 prohibitions.
- You can talk to the booking agent if you have booked a ticket from the third-party consolidator, and the agents can guide you with the policies and protocols.
- If you have booked the Air Canada flight ticket before May 31, 2021, you are allowed to cancel them without having to pay any amount.
The Air Canada cancellation fee depends on the type of fare you have chosen, and to get more details about the Air Canada cancellation fares, take help from the following section.
The cancellation fees at Air Canada
No matter which fare type you have selected, if you cancel the flight within a day of booking, you can cancel it for free! Below given is detailed information about Air Canada and the applicable charges against the cancellation-
- When you are booked with a Basic Economy Fare from Air Canada, you can cancel the reservation even after 24 hours of the booking.
- Air Canada provides a full refund or reimbursement if you cancel your reservation due to any government order or the death of your travel companion.
- When you are booked on a Standard, Flex, Non-Flex Business, or Premium Economy Fare, you need to pay some cancelation charges around $200.
- There is good news for travelers who booked a Latitude or Flexible Premium Ticket- the tickets are fully refundable, and you might be able to cancel them without paying any cancellation charges.
Air Canada cancellation fee international
The Air Canada cancellation fee international depends on the length of your flight and when you are making the cancellation. Also, take help from the customer service team if you face any trouble canceling a ticket or claiming a refund.
Cancel an online booking: https://www.aircanada.com/us/en/aco/home/fly/customer-support/cancel-booking.html