Check Out Air New Zealand Cancellation Policy
Air New Zealand is a very popular flag carrier that has its main hub in New Zealand. The airline runs scheduled flights to more than 39 destinations in 19 countries. Besides this, the airline also offers its customers world-class facilities and other in-flight services making their travel comfortable and hassle-free. The airline has also introduced an Air New Zealand ticket cancellation policy which allows the passengers to cancel their reservations and get a refund as per their fare type. So, if you also planned to travel with Air New Zealand and due to some unforeseen reasons you need to make the cancellation of your reservations then don’t worry as you can easily manage this issue.
So, if you are not aware of the cancellation policy of Air New Zealand then, in this article you will be provided with the complete details of the policy.
How much do I need to pay to cancel a New Zealand flight?
Air New Zealand is the state's flag carrier and is known to provide bewildering services in many scenic locations worldwide. The airline understands the inconsistency you might face anytime throughout the trip, even if you want to cancel your itinerary. You can cancel your reservation and claim a refund for it in real-time.
Here, you can find the Air New Zealand cancellation policy and other important details that you must consider before canceling the flight.
Air New Zealand cancelation terms and conditions
The cancellation charges are applicable depending on the type of fare you have selected, and they may vary based on the policy applied while booking. Take a look at the given terms and conditions put forth by Air New Zealand to benefit travelers who are canceling their flight reservation due to any genuine reason-
- If you have booked an Economy or Premium Economy ticket, you would have to pay around $300 against the cancellation, and the fee applies to adults and children as well.
- Infants' fare at Air New Zealand is fully refundable, which means you can cancel the ticket for an infant and claim for a full refund.
- The airline is not bound to refund if you have already commenced the journey and canceled the reservation. In such a situation, you are eligible to use the flight credit for another Air New Zealand fare which must be of equal or greater value.
- If you fail to cancel your reservation and choose to be a no-show, the airline forfeits the ticket value, and you will not be able to travel or rebook the flight on an alternative date.
- There is one exception for Air New Zealand travelers; you do not have to pay any charges and get a full refund if you complete the cancelation formalities within 24 hours of the initial reservation.
- Considering the day the airline accepts the refund request, it takes around 7-14 business days to get a refund from Air New Zealand.
- The airline provides the refund money in the original payment form so that you would not have to face any trouble retrieving the refund money.
You can skip the Air New Zealand cancellation fee if you are faster and make sure that you act as per the airline's terms and conditions. You can also take help from the Air New Zealand customer service team to cancel the flight and request a refund on your behalf.
Steps To Cancel The Reservation on Air New Zealand:
- Before starting with the steps you are required to go to the official website of the airline.
- Once the website is launched, you need to navigate to the manage booking option.
- Now, click on the option of Manage Booking.
- Further, you are required to enter the Booking number and Surname in the provided field.
- Once done, click on the Continue button.
- After that, you can easily view your reservations.
- Thereafter, click on Cancel against the reservation you wish to cancel.
- A prompt will be displayed on your screen regarding the cancellation.
- Then, click on Continue.
- After that, your reservations would be cancelled and information regarding the refunds would be provided.
- Further, you will be provided with cancellation confirmation on your registered email id.
Official website: https://www.airnewzealand.com
Regarding cancellation & refunds: https://www.airnewzealand.com/covid19-refunds-flight-credit
Customer service: 1 (800) 262-1234
Delivery tracking: 011 64 800 747 777