How do I avail of Malaysian airlines reservations-Get complete information to travel safely in COVID-19?
Planning a trip with Malaysian airlines? No need to worry, as here you will get the related information on the same. Malaysia airlines are a prominent airline of the Malaysian airline that has its headquarters in Kuala Lumpur International Airport. The fleet size of the airline is 81 and it serves 64 destinations all around the world. This airline provides a safe and comfortable journey to its passengers at the time of need. If you find any problem, you can easily contact the customer care team for quick and reliable help.
Recommended Steps for Malaysian airlines reservations for a safe journey to hometown
In COVID-19 pandemic flight booking is a major challenge for stuck travellers as getting confirmed seat booking at low fair charges is searching on airlines website is a big question and Malaysian airlines reservation are provided all safety standards for travellers like sanitizing every flight, maintaining alternate seating arrangement and travellers can do via Malaysian airlines manage booking for a safe journey
The reservation process of Malaysian airlines is quite simple to understand. If you desire to book the flight tickets, you need to follow the below steps.
- First of all, you need to open the official website of the Malaysian airlines.
- Next, you have to click on the flight's option.
- After that, select the trip type such as one way, round trip, and multi-city trip.
- Pick up the departure and return dates.
- You are supposed to insert the number of passengers such as adults, children, and infants.
- Select the cabin class such as Economy, business, and Business suite class.
- After filling in all the necessary details, you need to click on the “Book Now” option.
- All the available flights will appear on your screen. Select the best airline that suits your budget.
- Now, you are supposed to go to the payment page and choose the preferred payment mode.
- Enter all the necessary details to complete the payment process.
- In the end, you will get your booked ticket on your nominated email id or phone number.
While traveling on a flight, people should always be aware of the updated status of the flight if it is on time or not. If you won’t able to go to the airport for receiving your ticket and don’t know the status follow the below steps to e-ticket
Steps to confirm the online Malaysian Airlines E-Tickets
- To find the updated status of Malaysian Airlines, first of all, open the email account linked with your booking. The email linked with your online booking will be having all the details attached to your booking.
- Now open the email in which the booking confirmation has been sent and you will find all the details of the reservations in the email. You can find all the details related to the booking in the email such as the reference number of the booking, name, and details like the date of booking.
- Also if you ever online reservations on Malaysian Airlines then make sure to get the printout of the flight ticket and then note down the details. In case you are unable to print the e-ticket then note down all the details related to the bookings somewhere.
- If you are still not sure about the confirmation of the Malaysian Airlines flight booking then you can also take the help of the support team and make a call to them regarding the reservations. You can find out about the cancelled or the confirmed status of the flight with the help of the support team. The helpline team of the airline works 24x7 for the assistance of the users.
- You can also find out about the confirmation of your reservations with the help of the airline staff at the airport. All you need to do is go to the counter and reach the airport at least 90 minutes before the flight departure so that you can communicate with the staff without any hurry.
After following the above-mentioned instructions, one can easily book the flight ticket in a simple manner. If you have any kind of problem or need to ask something concerning, you can contact the customer service live chat team for assured and instant assistance. Additionally, you can move to the service desk to solve all your problems in a short span of time.
Malaysian Airlines Baggage policy – Get to know proper baggage allowance information
Here is the information for travellers regarding how much baggage they can carry while travelling Aside from that, you can contact Malaysia Airlines' customer service department with any questions you might have about a flight reservation. The inclusions of the Malaysian airlines baggage policy are listed down under. Some questions travellers have in their mind are
- What is the baggage allowance for Malaysia Airlines?
- Can I check-in 2 bags with Malaysia Airlines?
- How much does a Malaysian airline charge for extra baggage?
- Can I carry 2 bags in hand luggage?
Carry-On Allowance: 1 piece
- As far as the Carryon luggage is concerned, the overhead bin and the seat in front of you are the two designated places for keeping the entire carry-on luggage.
- If you are travelling in the Economy class with the Malaysian airlines, then you are allowed to carry one bag with you in addition to a personal item that could be:
- Overcoat, Laptop, Purse
- For dimensions, the passengers are allowed to carry a carry-on bag that should not exceed the following dimensions that are listed down under 115 cm or 45 inches.
- Weight restrictions are as follows: 7 kg or 15 lbs.
- If you have made reservations with a First or Business class, then you are allowed to take 2 bags of the above-mentioned dimension and weight with you.
- The passengers must make note of the fact that bulkhead seats do not have under-seat storage during take-off or landing.
Sufficient Baggage allowance
- A maximum of two bags is allowed on the flight.
- Weight varies from flight class.
- First Class -50 kilograms.
- Business Class - 40 kilograms.
- Economy Class - 30 kilograms.
- Passengers with infants –One bag not exceeding the weight of 10 kilograms.
- Extra charges on the extra weight of the baggage.
Checked Baggage Allowance
- As far as checked bags are concerned, Malaysian airlines allow passengers to carry the following:
- The maximum weight allowed for Economy is 66lb or 30 kg.
- The maximum weight allowed for the Business class is 88lb or 40 kg.
- The maximum weight allowed for the First class is 110 lb or 50 kg.
Excess Baggage Fees
- Excess baggage fees are applied to every 11lb or 5kg of extra bag that passengers take with them.
- MYR 40 is charged within peninsular Malaysia.
- MYR 50 is charged for crossing between peninsular Malaysia and Sabah.
- MYR 60 is charged between Malaysian and ASEAN countries.
- MYR 85 is charged for South Asia and China.
- MYR 95 is charged for North Asia, Australia, New Zealand, and the Middle East.
- MYR 135 is charged for Europe.
If you happen to have a reservation with the Economy class then you are charged $25 per price for the first 2 pieces.
- In the case of sports equipment, the travellers are highly recommended to get in touch with the customer care department at Malaysian airline.
- The airline charges for carrying some of the sports equipment because of their size, fragility, and other handling requirements.
- The infants travelling with 10 percent of tickets are allowed to carry one bag of dimension 45 inches or 115 cms.
- You can also carry one fully convertible pushchair or stroller or a carrying basket.
- The allowed weight remains 22lb or 10 kgs in total.
- You are required to get in touch with the customer care department at Malaysian airlines in case of CPAP devices. However, Malaysian airlines allow the carriage of POC on board after consulting with the Medical Service and Engineering departments.
Know complete convenient ways to check-in information before flight departure
- Web check-in
It is important to choose the best flight that you have booked and start the process of flight check-in status under Malaysian Airlines manage booking process that assists you to complete the task with ease.
It provides you the greatest facility for flight check-in within 48 hours and up to 90 minutes before flight departure. If you are going to mobile check-in, you must take care at the same time presently.
Let’s know how to check in:
- At first, make sure that you have signed in and entered the complete detail of the booking, and don’t forget to enter the date.
- Click on the manage booking tab and enter the reservation number and select your flight that you want to change.
- Select flight check-in and choose your preferred boarding pass and print it or you can take it on your mobile phone.
- You can also choose the Apple passbook to secure complete details of your flight check-in with ease.
- In case you have baggage to check-in, you can just proceed to the bag drop counters and count your bag accurately.
For international Airport:
You can check in your baggage at least 60 minutes before your international flights.
For Kuala Lumpur International Airport:
- There is the process of starting flight check-in at least 60 minutes before your domestic flight.
- In this process, you can do the same thing at least 60 minutes before your domestic flight.
- For Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah, and Sarawak airports
- It also allows you to check-in your flight at least 60 minutes before your flight for a domestic flight where you can print your boarding pass.
- You can have at least 60 minutes for your flight when you choose an international flight and start printing your boarding pass simply.
You must go through the counter check-in and find the best deal to print a boarding pass simply.
- Counter check-in:
When you go for the counter check-in you need to make sure that you have complete documents.
For Kuala Lumpur International Airport
If you have booked Economy class, you can go for the self-check-in under Malaysian Airlines manage booking which is mandatory to Kuala Lumpur International Airport simply.
- Choose a Closure of the check-in counter that could be done within 60 minutes before departure for domestic and international flights.
- Choose closure of departure gate that should be done within 30 minutes before departure for domestic and international flights systematically.
For International Airports:
- You can choose a closer check within 60 minutes before flight departure for International Airport.
- You must choose the closer departure gate within 30 minutes before flight schedule departure for domestic and international flights.
For Domestic Airports:
- You need to make sure that you have selected closer check-in within 60 minutes for domestic and international flights.
- Make sure that you have closure of departure gate within 30 minutes before flight departure for all domestic and international flights simply.
Kuala Lumpur City Air Terminal (KL CAT)
When you use the KLA Ekspres train service, you can check in KL cat which is located inside the KL station. You may check in your bag, track a piece of luggage, and check out the all services of baggage. You can use without checked bag service in domestic flight that can be done within 1.5 hours simply.
- Self Service kiosk
The facility of self-service kiosks is available at the following airports and the passengers can use the self-service kiosks for check-in, preferred seat, baggage tag, and boarding pass printing.
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport
- Kota Kinabalu
- Kota Bharu
- Johor Bahru
All the passengers can make use of the self-check-in service, however, the following are the exceptions:
- Passengers with special service requests which require staff assistance.
- Passengers travelling in a group that contains more than 9 people.
- Passengers who are on standby status.
Availability of the kiosks
The kiosks become available for domestic and international flights 48 hours up to 60 minutes before departure.
The self-service kiosks are the best when it comes to hassle-free check-ins. The process is quite easy and instant and after checking in at the self-service kiosk the passengers then can proceed to the bag drop off the counter if you are carrying luggage or else you can go straight to the boarding gate if you have no baggage with you.
How to get Malaysian airlines seat booking to hometown in COVID-19 pandemic –Avail specific guidance
Malaysian It allows you to choose the best seat to reserve in advance and thus, you can make your flight journey perfect and more convenient every time. Hence, if you are looking for a Malaysian Airlines seat booking, you need to learn some specific guidance terms and conditions provided by our customer representative team that is available to help you at any time.
- Go through the terms and condition while seating selection on Malaysian Airlines:
- If you are looking for a Windows seat for Aisle, standard, and emergency exit, you can apply for the seat selection and reservation process in advance.
- You can have extra leg rooms on domestic and international flights and use the connecting code to get your favorite seat.
- Malaysian Airlines provides you a refundable and non-transferable fee to make some changes to your seat.
- Generally, the seat selection fee is varying depending on the flight route that simple delete and add the seat as per the terms and conditions that don’t accept the fees.
- In addition to this, when you travel with Emergency exit seats, follow the suitable guidance pointed down.
- If you are a passenger of 18 years old you can book a seat for you to travel with Malaysian Airlines.
- Children are not allowed to select the best seat themselves and make sure that you have selected the best seat at a particular place in the flight.
- You need not carry infants or don’t use its infant seat belts for the seat selection or avoid it even during pregnancy.
- It does not require an extension seat belt just because of the large body size and uses the safety information card during flight journey perfectly.
How a traveller avail Malaysia Airlines cancellation policy- Get detail on cancelling trip journey
Are you the passenger who is stuck in a situation that is affecting the travel with your Malaysia Airlines? Malaysia Airlines flight booking is possible through both online and offline methods. You can book your tickets with Malaysia Airlines for a flight that departs from your location to your desired destination by going to their website or calling them. But in Case cancelling trip journey, A traveller have many questions in mind like
- How can I cancel the Malaysia Airlines ticket?
- How and when can I get a refund on Malaysia Airlines?
- How much money is refunded on the cancellation of the Malaysia flight ticket?
Cancellation may happen
- Due to some urgent work related to health
- COVID-19 increase cases airlines stop flight service,
- Government put Lockdown
- A traveller postponed journey on his/her own
So in such cases, a traveller shall not be confused as you have the option to drop the travel. This can be done by choosing to cancel the flight.
But before you proceed to cancel the flight, you need to check Malaysian Airlines cancellation policy so that you know how to act at the time of cancelling the flight. The details and important points are mentioned below.
- On the other hand, Malaysia Airlines and its officials understand that passengers might get stuck in a situation that is affecting their travel. As a result, they came up with the managing travel option for the passengers.
- Passengers who are cancelling their tickets within 24 hours of booking it or flight departure then he will be eligible for a full refund.
- However, if 24 hours have passed then he can still cancel the flight but need to pay the cancellation fee that is 24/7 active.
- To cancel the flight or to check the refund, passengers can choose the “Manage my Travel” or “My Trips” option that is present on the official website of the airlines.
- Also, the cancellation fee by Malaysia Airlines is not fixed as it depends upon various factors like the type of booking, the number of tickets cancelled, etc.
- In case of a non-refundable fare, passengers will be only getting the refund of government taxes and other taxes as they were not utilized. The refund of fare charges will not be given if a passenger cancels the flight after 24 hours of booking the tickets.
How Do I Cancel My Flight on Malaysia Airlines?
- Malaysia Airlines passengers first need to visit the official website of the airline.
- Now the Malaysia Airlines passengers need to head over to the Manage section and enter their booking details.
- After finding the Malaysia Airlines flight that the passengers wish to cancel, they need to select the flight cancellation option.
- The Malaysia Airlines passengers now need to enter their confirmation number, first name, last name, and other details in the pop-up box.
- Now, the passengers of Malaysia Airlines need to click on the Continue option to move ahead.
- Now the Malaysia Airlines passengers need to complete the cancellation by following the instructions given to them.
- The passengers now need to check the refund status of their flight, for this, the passengers need to visit the Travel Fund section.
- In the Travel Fund section, the passengers will get to know whether their flight is refundable or not. If yes, then they can request a refund from the same section.
Malaysia Airlines passengers are allowed to cancel their flight under the Malaysia Airlines cancellation policy and this policy gives information about the Malaysia Airlines flight cancellation terms and conditions.
Method 2: Cancel Your Flight via a Call Total
- To cancel a Malaysia Airlines flight through call, passengers need to first call on the Malaysia Airlines phone number.
- Now the passengers need to follow the on-call prompts to connect with a representative at Malaysia Airlines.
- The Malaysia Airlines passengers need to share their booking details of the flight.
Method 3: Cancel Your Flight Tickets at Airport
- First, the Malaysia Airlines passengers need to visit the airport.
- Then, the passengers need to visit the Malaysia Airlines booking counter.
- To cancel the flight, the passengers need to share the flight details of their Malaysia Airlines flight.
Various FAQ on Malaysia Airlines Cancellation and Reimbursement Customer faced
- Does Malaysia have a 24 hours cancellation policy?
Yes, the airlines have a 24 hours Malaysia Airlines cancellation policy, under which you can cancel your flight without paying a cancellation fee.
- Can I get a refund through the original payment mode from Malaysia Airlines?
Yes, you can get your refund through the original payment mode, after cancelling your refundable Malaysia Airlines flight.
- Can I cancel a non-refundable flight with Malaysia Airlines?
Yes, you can definitely cancel a non-refundable flight with Malaysia Airlines by paying a cancellation fee between $200-$500.
- Can I get compensation for a Malaysia Airlines flight which is delayed by 2 hours?
You can legally get compensation for a Malaysia Airlines flight, delayed by 2 hours or more than that.
- How to check whether my Malaysia flight ticket is refundable or not?
To check the ticket, whether it is refundable or not, you just need to go to the official website of the airline and enter the ticket details. You will get the details about the amount which will be deducted for cancellation by Malaysia Airlines under the Malaysia Airlines cancellation policy for cancelling the ticket.
How do I avail of Malaysia airlines refund policy in COVID-19 –Get complete money back
- If you are looking for assistance for Malaysian Airlines booking during COVID-19, you need to learn the specific guidance to book a flight ticket with ease. It provides extra safety for the customers who can book their flight along with its travel restriction and also expect a refund in case you want to cancel a flight ticket. In the wake of COVID-19, learn official requirements enhancing booking and travel flexibility simply.
- It is said due to the heavy impact of the COVID-19 pandemic; Malaysia Airlines has extended its open ticket flexibility on all types of tickets issued before 30th June 2021 and complete the journey by 31st December 2021.
- If you have open ticket flexibility, you may choose unlimited date change and the flexibility to change their destination at any time.
- In case you have experienced flight cancellation between 1st Jan 2021 to 30th Oct 2021 you might change your flight at no cost soon.
How a traveller can extend Malaysia airlines flight booking status to resume the journey
- If you have not made some changes and converted to a travel voucher, you can submit your request through our online assistance request, check out the important points.
- In case you want to change or cancel your flight ticket, you don’t have to pay a cancellation fee for partially used and unused tickets.
- If you want to get a refund after the flight cancellation, you can simply contact our Malaysia Airlines contact center by dialing 130083000 in Malaysia and 60378433000 for outside countries.
- You can also visit the online assistance request service to contact our travel agents who are available to help you at any time.
With the help of the above information on Malaysia airlines refund policy you know how to handle such a situation at the time of cancelling the tickets. In case, you need any further information or help then you are free to contact the customer service that is made available on the various platforms.