Miles help travellers to travel for free or get exciting rewards on their next flight booking. Most travellers earn these points to benefit their future travels and for those who travel frequently, this is an opportunity of a lifetime.
But if you do not have any travel plan in the near future and your miles plan might expire in the coming days, what to do in such a scenario? Easy, just book a ticket for someone you know using that reward.
Things to consider while booking a ticket for someone else using your miles
If you have a miles subscription and are wondering can I buy an airline ticket for someone else using my miles, then the answer is yes. But, you have got to be conscious while booking the ticket, get help from the mentioned points if need assistance:
1. Book online:
- Several airlines privilege their travellers to reserve their rewards to redeem them online late
- When you are proceeding with the booking of a ticket for someone else, you are required to follow the same procedure as you would do to book your ticket for yourself
- But, remember to change the credentials and enter the particulars of the passenger
- Before checking out, make sure that the passenger name is added as your beneficiary
- Follow these procedures and you will be able to book a ticket for someone else while using your miles
2. Contact the Airline
- Several airlines allow you to book a ticket for someone else online, but there are some airlines that expect a call while you do so
- Just call the concerned airline and inform them that you would like to book a ticket for someone else using your miles
- Or, if you are not sure and wondering, can I buy an airline ticket for someone else using my miles, call the airline and get assistance on the same
- You can also take the airline’s help in booking the ticket after informing them about your miles
3. Applicable Charges
- To reserve award tickets, a traveller is required to pay some additional charges as government taxes
- But before booking a ticket for someone else, discuss with the beneficiary who will be paying those additional charges
- This charge is mandatory as you will receive prompts about it at the receipt booth or online from the airline
So, if you are questioning, can I buy an airline ticket for someone else using my miles, then the answer is affirmative. You can book an air ticket for others using your miles, but you have to follow some protocols of your airline and decide accordingly.
Thank you for submitting review.