It's crucial to arrive at the airport long before your trip so you have enough time to check-in, drop off your luggage, and go through security.
While you can always check in with an agent at any of Air Canada's airports, you can also check-in for your flight using one of three handy self-service options:
• Check-in over the internet.
• Check-in using a mobile device.
• Check-in at the Kiosk.
To ensure that you have enough time to check-in, drop off your checked luggage, pass through security, and get to the boarding gate on time, Air Canada suggests that you check in no later than:
• 90 minutes before the flight (domestic flights within Canada).
• To/from the United States and overseas flights - arrive 120 minutes prior to departure.
You must check in and acquire your boarding card before the check-in deadline for your journey with Air Canada. The following are the check-in deadlines based on your itinerary:
• Domestic flights inside Canada take 45 minutes, except for flights departing from Toronto City Airport (YTZ), which have a 20-minute check-in limit.
• To/from the United States and overseas flights - arrive 60 minutes prior to departure.
You can check-in online at any time during the 24-hour period leading up to the departure of all of your flights (always use the airport local time of the last flight in your schedule to decide when you can check-in) and:
• For domestic flights arrive at least 45 minutes before departure.
• For international flights arrive at least 60 minutes before Air Canada booking (including the U.S).
When security regulations necessitate that your boarding card is provided at the airport, you will receive a check-in confirmation at the end of Web Check-in.
You can check-in using your mobile device by going to mobile.aircanada.com and selecting the Check-in option, or by utilizing the Mobile Check-in tool featured in the Air Canada App for Apple and Android Smartphone. The timeframes for checking in and the information needed for Mobile Check-in are the same as for Web Check-in.
You can receive your Electronic Boarding Pass on the Air Canada app, through text (SMS) message (which includes a link to your Electronic Boarding Pass), or by email.
Kiosk for Self-Service Check-in begins 12 hours prior to flight departure and continues until:
At least 45 minutes before departure for domestic flights (excluding Toronto, where the check-in limit is 20 minutes); at least 60 minutes prior to departure for international flights (including the U.S.).
You can choose to receive an Electronic Boarding Pass on your mobile device if all requirements are satisfied during your Kiosk Check-in (available at all Canadian airports and select international airports), For further assistance contact Air Canada customer service.