Suppose you had to travel during your pregnancy due to medical reasons and who had booked a flight with American Airlines, and now you are worried about whether the Airline will allow you to board the flight. What are American Airlines' pregnancy policy international flights? If these types of questions are coming up in your mind, then don’t worry! Just keep reading the information below about the airline pregnancy policies and process.
What are American Airlines pregnancy policies?
- Passengers can fly if their expected delivery date is seven or more days.
- As American Airlines pregnancy restrictions state that pregnant women will not be able to fly if the expected delivery date is seven or less seven or fewer days.
- In case the passenger’s due date is within four weeks of your departure date of flight, then the passenger must provide a doctor’s prescription stating that you have been recently examined and you are fit to fly.
- In the case of international travel, American Airlines pregnancy policy says that you will require clearance from the Airline's special coordinator if your delivery date is after four weeks or more and seven days before or after your delivery. They will confirm that you have a doctor's perception stating that you have been examined within the last 48 hours before your departure time and are healthy to fly.
- You can also request special assistance, such as wheelchair service, in case you are traveling with your own mobility device, traveling with a service animal while booking a flight ticket online, or calling airline customer support. The airline representative will call you before the departure time to make sure everything is ready.
What are the American Airlines pregnancy guidelines for safe travel?
- When traveling to an international destination, it is suggested to dress comfortably in flat shoes and loose clothes.
- You should book an aisle seat, so you can get to the lavatory easily and have more space to stretch your legs.
- You are suggested to get up to walk the aisles for a period every 2 hours on long-haul flights.
- While consuming food before a flight, avoids gas-producing foods and carbonated beverages.
- Bring your own water bottle and pack healthy food for the flight so you can get hydrated and feed yourself.
How to reserve a flight with American Airlines while pregnant?
- You have to visit the official website of American Airlines at www.aa.com.
- Now you will see a Find Flights option on the website's homepage.
- Now start by entering the departure and destination place, your trip type, departure date, and return date, and choose the number of passengers and travel class. You can also apply vouchers or promo codes available to you for a discounted price.
- After entering all the booking details, proceed further and click search.
- You will get the data of available flights on your screen. Select the flight of your choice.
- Now fill out your booking details like your name, date of birth, Nationality, passport details, doctor’s issued travel documents, etc., and complete the process.
- Select the modification option to select a seat as per your condition. It is suggested to select an aisle seat, and you can also add on special assistance like a wheelchair.
- After adding on all the extra services, pay the applicable fee and complete the reservation process.
- You will receive a newly made flight ticket on your registered email id.
- Dial 800-433-7300 to get connected with the support team.
- Now follow the IVR prompts.
- Press 1 for flight booking.
- After pressing the required key, your call will get put on hold.
- After connecting, provide your booking details, including your doctor’s prescription.
- After completing the details process, pay the applicable fee.
Connect with airline support directly to learn more about airline policies for pregnant women and get instant solutions.