As per different online sources, it has been seen that online checking or web checking is always better, and there are many reasons. Though airport checking also has some benefits, if you compare, you will get to know that web checking is better. Is it better to check-in online or at the airport? Read the Points below to get more clarity on this.
Online check-in vs. Airport check-in
- When you check-in online, it will save your time, whereas going airport for check-in is always a lengthy process.
- Online check-in requires no extra money; by simply login into your account or visiting the airline web check-in option, you can complete your check-in process. Whereas for offline check-in you need to give extra time for reaching airport then be a part of a big queue, which waste lot of time and energy
- Web check-in is always a money saver than the check-in at the airport.
- When you check-in online, you will have an opportunity to select the desired seat, whereas, at the airport, it's pretty difficult
- You can always print the e-boarding pass during online check-in by sitting from the home comfort or office.
So given above are some of the points to support the statement that web check-in is better.
How does it work when you check-in online?
Today web checking is more straightforward than check-in at the airport. How to check online before a flight? To answer this, you can go ahead with the simple steps below to complete your check-in.
- The first step is to go to the official website of your airline.
- Locate the check-in option as a separate link, or locate the check-in option under the manage booking section.
- Once the check-in page opens up, enter the surname and confirmation number/PNR to start your check-in.
- Chose the passengers you would like to check-in, enter the advance passenger information if required by the destination country
- In this step, you can change the seat, select the seat and add any missing number before completing the check-in process.
- After completing the check-in process, you will get an e-boarding pass for each passenger in your team.
- You can take out the printout to present at the airport; else, you can also present the soft copy of the e-boarding pass.
How do I check in on my phone before the flight?
If you have to check in on your phone, you can install your airline's application. Once you install the application, you can go ahead with the steps below.
- Go to the sign-in or login option on the Airlines app.
- You can now enter the credentials to log in; you can log in using your e-ticket number and last name. Else you can use the username and password belongs to that account.
- Now locate your trips, select the one you want to check-in.
- Click on the passengers and then click on the check-in tab.
- You can now check-in using the instructions given on the screen.
- Here, you can select the desired seats and go ahead with the check-in process.
- Get your e-boarding pass, which you will use at the airport.
- To present it at the airport, you can save your e-boarding pass on your phone and present it at the airport when required.
So, using the above steps, you can check in on your phone and via the official website anytime. If you find any difficulty during the whole process, you can directly speak to the airline's representative via phone call, email, chat, etc.