Generally, you do not have to pay to make changes in your reservation as Southwest Airlines understands the plan change. But, a traveler might have to pay the fare difference if they choose a flight that costs more than the previous reservation.
The Southwest change flight fee depends on the fare type you have chosen and the route you are covering. To know more relevant information about the Southwest Airlines flight change norms, you can help the upcoming section.
Southwest Airlines Flight Change Terms and Conditions
Check out the given terms and conditions first if you wish to make changes in your reservation without facing any trouble-
- If the airline changes on their behalf and you are not satisfied with the new itinerary, you can change or cancel the existing itinerary.
- If your reservation has been affected by any involuntary change, you are allowed to change your flight's arrival or departure date; you must bring this change at least 14 days before the flight's scheduled departure.
- You can proceed with the Southwest change flight formalities without having to pay any additional charges unless you book a new itinerary that is more expensive than the original one.
- However, Southwest Airlines has good news for the travelers who reschedule their new flight at a lower cost: the airline refunds the fare difference if you book a flight at a cheaper cost than the original one.
- Also, you can keep the fare difference in the form of a reusable travel fund to benefit your future trip with Southwest Airlines; you need to commence the next trip within the fund's expiration date, which is a year from the date of its issuance.
- At Southwest Airlines, you can make as many flight changes as you want for free, depending on the fare type you originally reserved with the airline.
- Southwest Airlines allows you to make changes in your reservation up to 10 minutes before the flight takes off.
- Do not worry if you have already checked in for your Southwest Airlines flight, as the airline allows you to make changes up to 10 minutes even if you have already checked in for your flight.
Contact customer service
Knowing Southwest change flight policy can help you make an informed decision about the reschedule of your existing flight. You can contact the airline's official travel consolidators if you face any troubles understanding the flight's policy or proceeding with the change.
Official weblink: https://www.southwest.com
For more info, visit: https://www.southwest.com/html/air/nochangefee.html
Thank you for submitting review.