It's a perfect time to get a head start on purchasing plane tickets for next year, with rock-bottom costs and sky-high wanderlust from being trapped at home, plus the most versatility from airlines we've ever seen. If you're planning a trip to one of these budget-friendly destinations in 2021, act quickly—these rates won't last forever! Most major airlines have free adjustments, allowing you to schedule ahead of time.
If you are unable to fly by the time your flight date approaches, you can easily postpone your flight to a later date at no cost. In the meantime, you'll have something fun to look forward to (finally!)! We did the research on where is the cheapest place to fly right now so you didn't have to. Here are 8 low-cost destinations for 2021 that you can book now!
1. LOS ANGELES: Los Angeles packs a big punch when it comes to tourist destinations, from breathtaking beaches to the Walk of Fame and the famous Hollywood, as well as countless delicious restaurants and cuisines from around the world. You won't be bored if you visit for a weekend or a few weeks. Fortunately, flights to Los Angeles in 2021 are currently reasonably priced. Even if you're flying from New York, you can get to LA for as little as $77* one-way or $167* roundtrip right now!
2. CANCUN: Do you need a tropical island getaway in 2021 to get away from it all? You should go to Cancun! You'll need to do nothing but check into your hotel (with a mask in hand) and prepare for a few days of socially distant beach relaxation. Hot, crystal-clear water Year-round is the ideal way to unwind after the craziest year of your life. Flights to Cancun are available from both the east and west coasts. Round-trip flights from cities like Chicago and Philadelphia are as low as $160*!
3. MONTREAL: For those planning a trip to our northern neighbors, Montreal is a common destination. Fortunately, it is currently one of the most affordable destinations for 2021! Montreal's famous Christmas markets are one of the city's most popular attractions, but there's plenty to see and do throughout the year. This modern and trendy city has a lot of French influence, so it's a perfect way to feel like you're on a European vacation without having to travel all the way across the Atlantic. Climb Mount Royal for panoramic views of the area, visit the popular Notre Dame Cathedral of Montreal or the Botanic Gardens, or simply stroll through the unique boroughs and neighborhoods packed with trendy shops and cafes.
4. MIAMI: Beaches in the sun? Cafes and bars on the beach? Where is the cheapest place to fly in the us? There's plenty for almost everyone in Miami, with a cool and trendy city and nearly limitless beaches. For a trendy weekend getaway, try your hand at water sports like surfing and scuba diving, or visit any of the shopping and posh hotels. There's also a vibrant nightlife and art scene, as well as several outdoor festivals. Not to mention a plethora of delicious food choices! For flights in January, one-way tickets from Chicago start at just $37*. What better way to spend a weekend escaping the Chicago winter?
5. SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO: You don't have a passport? It's no problem! You won't need a visa to visit Puerto Rico since it is a US territory. However, the capital city of San Juan, which has a special culture and a lot of history, feels completely fresh. San Juan is quick to add to your bucket list because of its vibrant beachfront port town and warm Caribbean waters. But don't overlook Old San Juan. The town's historic quarter is lined with colorful streets and buildings dating back to the 16th century, including two fortresses with some of the best ocean views in the region. Even better, roundtrip flights from Boston, New York, Philadelphia, and other cities are currently available for under $100—a steal for a winter weekend getaway!
6. CHICAGO: Despite the fact that there is plenty to keep you busy exploring for years, Chicago is a great place to visit for a long weekend. It's a very walkable downtown area with plenty to do for all types of visitors. Visit a few museums, such as the Art Institute of Chicago or the Museum of Surgical Science (which is open on Tuesdays!). Take a stroll or ride your bike along the Chicago River. Don't forget to take a picture with the Chicago Bean! Flights start at just $52* one-way from Los Angeles, making it a super-cheap destination for 2021. Make a weekend getaway a priority now, and take advantage of airlines' flexible plans, which allow for a free change later if necessary.
7. LAS VEGAS: On a glitzy weekend in Las Vegas, get lost! After booking a hotel, take a stroll around (or linger at) the Venetian, Paris Las Vegas, and Caesars Palace. From just one city, you can feel as though you're flying around the world! Even if it's a little quieter than normal right now, Vegas is still a great weekend destination for the ladies (or the guys!). Prices from Chicago, Denver, and other US cities are extremely cheap, so take advantage of them while they last.
8. HAWAII: Hawaii is open to travelers who can show proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of departure, and getting there would be less expensive than in previous years, especially for those flying from the West Coast. In 2021, passengers travelling to coveted destinations like Honolulu and Maui from cities like Los Angeles and San Francisco could save hundreds of dollars.
9. NEW YORK: New York is a city that everyone can/should visit at least once in their lives. There are many shows to see, art galleries to visit, parks to explore, delicious food to eat, and things to do in this glamorous community. It's no surprise that New York is known as the City That Never Sleeps and you may not want to sleep either because of all the things you'll have to do. Where are the cheapest places to fly right now? New York is one of the cheapest destinations for 2021, with one-way flights beginning at just $33*. Also, roundtrip flights from cities such as Chicago and Austin are under $70.