Austrian Airlines is known for providing the best services, offers, discounts, and facilities to passengers. If you have booked an Austrian airline flight ticket and, due to some circumstances, you now have to cancel it and are worried about getting a refund, then the Austrian Airlines cancellation policy will come to your rescue. Another thing that is heartbreaking other than canceling your flight ticket is not getting a refund.
What is the cancellation policy for Austrian Airlines?
If you have any queries about the cancellation policy of Austrian Airlines, then keep reading the article. The terms and conditions of the airline's cancellation policy are prepared, considering all the unfavorable conditions that can force passengers to cancel their flight and seek a refund. The airline knows that the future is uncertain, and no one can predict it. If you plan to cancel your flight ticket, learn about the Austrian Airlines cancellation, policy, process, and fee. Go through the points mentioned below to learn about the cancellation policy.
- You can cancel your Austrian airline flight ticket within 24 hours of your booking to get a full refund.
- Non-refundable tickets cannot be canceled to get a full refund, even if it is canceled within a given time slot.
- Book a ticket seven days before the flight's departure to make any alterations.
- Remember to apply for a refund after canceling your flight ticket.
- In case of any emergency, such as a medical emergency or military deployment, may not deduct cancellation fee. For any such query, you can contact the airline directly.
- Do not swap the way to cancel the ticket. To avoid any trouble, cancel your ticket via the point of purchase.
What is the online procedure for canceling Austrian Airlines flight tickets?
The online procedure for canceling the flight ticket is relatively easy and hassle-free. There are oceans of ways to cancel flight tickets. If you have booked a flight ticket and decide to cancel it by yourself, you can visit the airline's official website. The online process has reduced the number of lines at the help desk for flight cancellation, thus making the life of the passenger and the airline staff easy. Follow the procedure below for online flight cancellation:
- Visit the Austrian airline's official website.
- Next, choose your native language by selecting among the languages present on the extreme right of the page.
- Click on manage booking or my trip.
- After that, enter the PNR number and last name.
- You will find your flight details with the airline on the next page.
- Click on the cancel/ change flight option.
- Once you have canceled your flight ticket, do not forget to submit a refund form.
- Click on Submit a refund request.
- Submit the refund form.
- Remember that the cancellation fee will be deducted from your refund amount.
- Once your cancellation process has been completed, you will receive a notification of the same on your registered email ID and contact number.
Can Austrian Airline flight tickets be canceled at the airport?
Yes, Austrian airline flight tickets can be canceled at the airport. Many passengers use this option, and it is universal. The staff remains available at the airline ticket counter to help you cancel your flight ticket. If you are at the airport to board your flight and suddenly have to cancel your flight ticket, the airline recommends that you get it canceled at the airport. To learn how to get your ticket canceled at the airport, read the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the ticket counter of the airline at the airport.
- Tell him your PNR number and last name.
- Explain to him why you are canceling your flight ticket. Additionally, you can bring along any document to support your cancellation.
- After verifying your reason, the executive will tell you the cancellation charge.
- If you are eligible for cancellation, the airline will cancel your flight ticket and initiate a refund.
- You will pay a service charge to the airline.
How to cancel Austrian Airlines flight tickets via phone call?
To cancel your Austrian airline flight ticket via phone call, you need to have the official phone number of the airline. To make sure the passenger can get answers to all their queries, the airline has made available its official phone number. To reach out to airline customer service through a phone call, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Dial 1 (800) 843-0002 and follow the IVR instructions.
- Press the key * to choose your preferred language.
- Press the key 3 To book your flight ticket.
- Press the key # to cancel your flight ticket.
- Press key 2 to speak to a live person.
- Once a live person is assigned, explain to him your concern to receive a solution.
How much is the Austrian Airlines cancellation fee?
- If you cancel your flight ticket one month before the flight departure, you will receive a 100 percent refund.
- For cancellation before 15 days, you will have to pay a 10 percent cancellation fee from the total fare.
- For cancellation before seven days of flight departure: 20% cancellation fee.
- Cancellation of ticket two days before departure: 85% cancellation fee.
- Same-day cancellation will not make you eligible for any refund.
- On discounted ticket cancellation, you will be charged 30 EUR.
- Ticket cancellation between the 9th to 4th day of departure: 65 % cancellation fee.
Thank you for submitting review.