Does JetBlue offer a military discount?
JetBlue is a low-cost United States airline headquartered in Long Island City. The airline proudly supports the U.S. military actively working, retired, and veteran members. They also provide the best offers and discounts to national guards and their families. There are some specific JetBlue Military discounts and benefits for travel worldwide. The airline serves almost 100+ destinations in the USA, including Latin America, the Caribbean, London, Paris, Amsterdam, and more.
Rules to be known about Military Discount
- There are certain rules and advantages of Military discounts that the passenger must know. Some of them are mentioned here for you.
- The National Guard, Reserve, Veterans, and U.S. current duty military members and their families receive a 5% discount on all regular JetBlue flights. Families traveling to up to 100+ locations in the USA, Latin America, the Caribbean, London, Paris, Amsterdam, and Vancouver are eligible for this offer.
- Veterans Advantage membership entitles the traveler to two pieces of free checked baggage that weigh up to 50 pounds each. To confirm their eligibility for the military discount, the travelers must identify themselves as Veterans Advantage members and produce their Unique VetReward Card Member ID.
- Members of Veterans Advantage can also sign up for TrueBlue to earn extra points from their trip that can be applied to future reservations.
- Before continuing with the deal, travelers can use the 30-day trial to learn everything there is to know about it.
How many free bags does the Military get on JetBlue?
Active military travelers and their families can use the JetBlue military discount baggage, which can take up to five free checked baggage that cost up to 99 lbs each without additional charges. This rule applies to them and the dependent travelers who have the reservation in the same itinerary.
Does JetBlue do military boarding?
The airline has five letter boarding groups from A to E, and they allow pre-boarding facilities for those traveling having any disabilities. They also have a separate boarding for their Mosaic and Mint customers and active military personnel. Veterans Advantage JetBlue offers early courtesy boarding for customers traveling with their children in car seats or strollers.
The process of booking a JetBlue flight under a Military discount
Travelers often can proceed with the reservation by visiting the airport desk, or they can also proceed with the online process to book their tickets. The steps that are required to be followed to proceed with the online reservation are mentioned here for you as follows:
- Get onto the airline's official website to create your Veteran Advantage account or log in.
- For this, you need to https://auth.veteransadvantage.com and enter your credentials.
- After which, you need to answer a few questions about yourself and the services you have provided in the Military.
- Once it's done, you need to proceed with the simple booking process where you need your arriving and departing destination, date of arrival and departure, number of passengers, flight class in which you are traveling, and more.
- When all the information is filled out, you will be taken to a page with flight information, where you must choose the flight for which you wish to make a reservation.
- When it's finished, you must give all the information on the number of passengers in that book.
- After completing all the required fields, you will be taken to the checkout page, where you must follow the on-screen instructions to pay for your flight (a military discount will immediately be applied).
- Once done, you'll receive the confirmation on your registered email and e-tickets.
The passengers who have made the reservation as per the military discount are allowed to take excessive baggage as per JetBlue military baggage weight limit compared to the passengers traveling under normal as well as under airlines membership reservation.
How to contact JetBlue?
The trailers can contact the JetBlue customer service team for further help and assistance. The most basic ways to get the quickest possible assistance are mentioned and explained here.
Steps to connect over a phone call
- You need to dial the customer service number 1-(800)-538-2583, and once getting connected, proceed with the on-call menu.
- Press 1 to continue with the reservation of your flight ticket.
- Press 2 to initiate the process of cancellation.
- Press 3 to initiate the process of change.
- Press 4 to proceed to get the flight refund.
- Press 9 to connect with the live customer service representative of the airline.
- Once the IVR process is complete, wait on a short hold before you get connected with the representative to resolve your issue.
Steps to connect with the agent over Live Chat
It is safe to say that live chat is the next best alternative to connect with JetBlue military customer service and get the best and quickest possible assistance. The steps to connect with them over chat are mentioned and explained here.
- Jump onto the official website to search and select the 'help and contact' page.
- Once you enter the contact page, scroll down to click on the chat option.
- Once you get onto the chat option, follow the auto-generated chat process, and the agent will connect with you after the recorded chat process to provide you with the necessary help and assistance.
Official website: https://www.jetblue.com
Regarding the military, visit: https://www.jetblue.com/flying-with-us/military-customers