How can I get a refund from Malaysia airlines?
All those passengers who are unsure about their upcoming book reservation with Malaysia airlines have a common concern about Malaysia airlines refund if they cancel the flight. All the airlines understand the passenger situation, and hence they come up with the refund option with certain rules and conditions under which the refund is initiated. These terms and conditions are called the policy of Malaysian airlines upon canceling flights. So if you are one of the same passengers, stick through this article until the end to learn about the refund policy and procedure.
Malaysia airlines refund policy
- As per the general 24-hour risk-free refund policy of Malaysia airlines, all those passengers who withdraw their booking on the same day of purchasing the ticket are eligible to get the full refund of their flight value.
- Passengers who fail to cancel their flight within 24 hours of booking may have to pay the penalty to the airline depending on certain parameters which the airline's officials decide.
- The refund cost of your canceled reservation with Malaysia airlines is calculated based on time left in departure ticket type, route of your flight, cabin, and ticket condition.
- The refunds are initiated back in the original mode of payment within 7 to 10 working days after being successfully issued by Malaysia airlines.
- No refunds are given to the passengers who hold a non-refundable Malaysia airlines ticket reservation.
- In case a passenger faces any sudden demise of their family member. They can claim the complete refund by showing supportive documents to the agent, including are death certificate.
- Upon canceling a non-refundable flight with Malaysia Airlines, passengers can request that the airline provide them with travel credits on the next booking, valid for a year.
Malaysia airlines refund procedure
You can retrieve the refunds of your canceled Malaysia flight via multiple options. And the easiest way is to fill out the Malaysia airlines refund request form, which is available on the official website, so follow the process below:
- Head towards the official website of Malaysia airlines.
- Click on the plan your trip tab and go to the manage booking section.
- Now, enter your flight reservation code and the passenger's last name to retrieve the information about your flight.
- Cancel your flight if you haven't yet, and then locate the refund button.
- Click on the refund link, and you will get through the 'assistance request form' page, so fill it out with all required information.
- Finally, the Malaysia airlines agent will review your request and release the refund as eligibility.
Apart from this, passengers can also connect with the live agent of Malaysia Airlines and ask them for a refund. Hence now you know the Malaysia airlines refund policy and procedure through the information given above; if you have any further doubts, you can communicate with customer care over a phone call.