How do I Avoid Baggage Fees on Virgin Atlantic?
Virgin Atlantic is a British Airline and it covers up to 30 destinations. When it comes to managing your booked flight, Virgin Atlantic provides the best customer service in the time of need. The baggage policy of this airline is designed to favor travelers and give them a comfortable experience on the flight.
So, if you need to know what you can take into the cabin with you, this article will educate and update you about the baggage allowance at Virgin Atlantic.
Get to know the Virgin Atlantic Baggage Policy
Virgin Atlantic gives the most flexible policy to help you out. You can find the details about the weight and size of the bags on the official Virgin Atlantic website. Read out the following points to understand the allowance of a free checked-in bag.
- If you are not travelling alone, you are not allowed to combine your luggage allowance with the other person. Each person will need to have separate cases to fit in the allowance.
- If you are an Economy Classic and Delight traveler, then your ticket already includes one checked-in bag. The standard weight of your bag should be around 50 lb and size of about 90x75x43 cm
- If you need additional baggage while traveling in Economy light, then you can buy it separately with your ticket as it does not come along with the ticket
- When travelling in Premium Cabin, you are allowed to take two cases of baggage. Each bag can be around 90x75x43 cm and of up to 50 lb weight
- When booked with Virgin Atlantic Upper Class, you can take up to two pieces of baggage, weight about 70 lb and size up to 90x75x43 cm for each bags
- If you are accompanied by lap infants, according to the Virgin Atlantic Baggage, the baggage allowance for them in the cabin is 50 lb. Except that, the baggage allowance mentioned above will be the same for children and seated infants
In addition to the free check-in allowance, if you are travelling with infants, you can also incorporate a fully collapsible pushchair and car seat with you. But remember, the chair and seat will be taken from you at the gate and will be safely popped in the halt.
Avoid Baggage Fees on Virgin Atlantic
- If you want to avoid any extra charge on the bags that you will carry in the cabin, then you must go through the Virgin Atlantic baggage policy before you check-in your flight. The following tips can help you enjoy your travel with Virgin Atlantic without paying any further charges:
- You are allowed to check in with at least one bag that weighs up to 23 kg for free. This proposition stands untrue if you are flying in Economy Light
- Do not exceed the limit of standard allowance if you want to use baggage allowance for free. But, if you want to add extra baggage, then make sure to pay the additional charges.
- All tickets at Virgin Atlantic include hand baggage of max 23x36x56 cm in size. Your personal stuff like your coat and your handbag is also included in the ticket and you can carry them without paying any extra charge.
However, if you need any further assistance with the baggage policy, you can use the Virgin Atlantic Customer service number and resolve your query with the help of professionals.
Official website: https://www.virginatlantic.com/
Regarding baggage: https://help.virginatlantic.com/gb/en/baggage.html