How do I change my passenger name on Icelandair?
Icelandair, as its name suggests, is an airline from Iceland. Book your flights with Icelandair for more than 50 destinations, including Europe, North America, Greenland, and Iceland. They are well-known for their top-class services with their highly qualified staff. Suppose, knowing their qualities, you made a reservation with the airline, and while booking, you made an error in your name. You might want to know about the Icelandair name change, as an incorrect name can create a problem in your travel when boarding. You can read this blog to get important information about name changes.
What is the policy for name change at Icelandair?
While booking, you may make a typing error in your name. If any such things happen to you and you want to change your ticket. Icelandair advises you to read the Icelandair name change policy before applying for the name change and then make the changes as per the terms and conditions. If you follow the airline's guidelines for the name change, you can easily modify your ticket as per your requirement. To know the policies of Icelandair for the name change, read the points below:
- Travelers who have mistakenly typed the wrong name on the ticket will have to pay a name change fee to the airline for changing the name. However, if they change the name within 24 hours, Icelandair will not charge any fee to the passengers.
- The passengers can change up to 3 characters in the name.
- Icelandair will not allow changing the complete name of the passenger, and the traveler should be the same after the name change.
- If a passenger applies for a name change, the name must match the government id. Otherwise, the airline may deny the passenger from boarding the plane.
- Passengers are allowed to change their name once on their ticket.
- In some cases, like marriage or for any other legal reason, Icelandair will permit their passengers to change the surname on their ticket as per the government id, but they will have to pay for it.
How do I change my name on the Icelandair ticket?
Now, when the passenger knows the policies to make the changes in their name, they probably want to know the process of changing the name. Icelandair has stated a proper process for the name change. If you want to Icelandair change name on ticket, then follow the steps below:
- Visit the official page of Icelandair.
- From here, locate "Manage my Booking" on the page and tap on it.
- Next, to get the booking details fill out the passenger's family name and booking code and click on the retrieve booking.
- Hereafter, you must go to the menu and select the name change opinion.
- Icelandair will give you a form to change your name. Fill out the form, enter your incorrect name first, then type your correct name.
- You must attach a government id with your correct name and click to get the payment option.
- Select the most preferred option per your choice and make the payment. The airline will make the changes in your name and send you the details to your registered email id.
How much do I have to spend to change my name on the Icelandair ticket?
The passengers who, for some reason, now want to make a change in the change on their ticket will have to pay a fee to Icelandair. The airline charges between $120 to $150 depending on the changes you have applied for. However, if you wish to save yourself from paying the Icelandair name change fee, change your name within 24 hours of the booking. The airline gives the passenger a chance to change their name if they make a typing in their name for free. If travelers notice their mistake and apply to alter their ticket within 24 hours, they do not have to pay any fee to the airline.
What is the service offered by the Icelandair customer service team?
Passengers with plans with Icelandair may want to contact the airline for various purposes. The airline has their customer service team offer the following services on the call:
- Reservation- The passengers who want to book a flight with Icelandair can directly call their representative and ask for the deals and offers available with the airline. They can also book their flight from their home over a phone call.
- Cancelation- If there is, for any reason, a passenger wants to cancel their ticket. They can again call the airline's representative. Their representative will cancel the ticket and process the remaining amount after charging the cancelation fee to the source payment.
- Baggage Inquiry- The passengers may lose, misplace, or damage their baggage on the flight. They can join themselves with the airline's officials to discuss their concerns.
- In-Flight services- Sometimes, a passenger may want to add some in-flight services in their journey for a relaxed trip. They can call the airline and add the service by paying a little more for their ticket.
- Information- The passenger who has booked or planning to make a booking may need information about various things in the airline. They can connect with the airline's agent to get the required information for their trip.