Get a refund after cancellation in Southwest Airlines
After the confirmation of booking with Southwest Airlines, when there is a change in the travel plan, you can easily modify the details. Along with the option of easy booking, the airline provides options for easy cancellation also. To facilitate its passengers, the airline has introduced the option of online cancellation, through the Southwest Airlines website. Once you cancel the booking, you can claim a refund for the cancellation. For cancellation and refund, respective policies are followed. To get more details on this, you can refer to the info available in this article.
Be updated with the Refund policy on Southwest Airlines
After the cancellation of the booking, you need to follow the rules defined in the Southwest refund policy. Here are the details about the terms and rules of the refund policy in Southwest Airlines:
- You can apply for the full refund if you cancel the booking within 24 hours of purchase. This refund applies to both refundable as well as non-refundable bookings in Southwest Airlines.
- For non-refundable bookings, if the cancellation is done after 24 hours of purchase, the refund amount is provided after deducting the cancellation charges.
- This 24-hour full refund condition works when you complete the booking at least 7days or more before the departure date of the flight.
- The refund amount is calculated according to the conditions of the fare rules. Most importantly, the refund depends on the fare type of the ticket.
- To apply for the refund, you must meet the eligibility criteria of Southwest Airlines.
- The refund is claimed by raising the refund request after the cancellation of the ticket.
- Once the claim is processed by the airline, it will be transferred by the original form of payment.
For the cancellation and refund of a booking with a LUV voucher, you need to contact the customer service of Southwest Airlines.
How to request for Refund from Southwest Airlines?
To raise Southwest airlines refund request, initially, you need to cancel your booking. Here are the details for cancellation, and refund eligibility:
- Go to the cancellation section of Southwest Airlines, and select the option of Lookup reservation.
- Enter the details for the confirmation code and passenger's name on the itinerary.
- Here you will see the info related to the Travel refunds or any balance for refundable bookings.
- If there is any refundable amount, you can either claim it as the refund or keep it as Travel Funds in Southwest's account.
- If you need a refund to your credit card, it might take up to two billing cycles on the account.
- The eligibility of Travel Funds can also be checked on the Southwest Airlines account.
For any further details on Southwest airlines refund policy or any other policy of the airline, contact the customer service of the airline. To get details for contacting the reservations team, you need to browse the official website of Southwest Airlines and its contact section. You can contact the representatives through any contact option as all these are available 24x7.