How long does it take for a WestJet refund?
Suppose you had planned a flight trip with your family, but due to some urgent meeting, you have to cancel your booking. But before canceling, you must be wondering about the WestJet refund policy to avoid paying your hard-earned money in the cancellation fee and how you can apply for a refund. If you are facing a similar problem and want to know about the refund policies and process, then keep on reading the article below to learn more.
What are the WestJet Airline refund policies?
- As the airline policies suggest, if the flight cancellation is performed within 24 hours of the ticket purchase window, then the passenger will be refunded the whole amount of the money with a minimum cancellation fee. But to claim the refund, your departure date should be after one week or more.
- Econo, Flex or Business Flex ticket, or Premium Flex passengers canceling their flight ticket after 24 hours of the purchase window will have to pay the cancellation fee imposed by the airline.
- According to the airline refund policy, passengers who are traveling with Basic Fares tickets will not be able to get a refund.
- Passengers that have bought Flex or Econo ticket will be provided only the travel credit in the form of a refund. This travel credit can be used by the passengers for any future bookings.
- It is suggested by the airline to book a flight ticket on Flex Econo, Business Flex, and Premium Flex.
How to apply for a refund with WestJet?
You can use the online through manage booking and offline via phone call or airport to apply for a refund and get help. Follow the below steps to perform the task-
- First, you had to visit the official website of the airline at www.westjet.com.
- Once you arrive at the home page, you need to locate the option that says “Manage and Plan.”
- Under the Manage Trips option, you will have to enter your flight booking number and last name and hit the search button.
- Now choose the trip you have to cancel from the given list.
- Now you will have to enter your details, including the reason for cancellation, and press the Cancel Flight to continue further.
- After the cancellation, a refund amount will be displayed on your screen. If you are satisfied with the given amount, click the WestJet refund request option.
- After the given details and follow the prompts shown on the screen.
- After submitting the refund form, you will get the refund request tracking number which can be used for tracking the refund.
- In case you are still confused about the airline refund policy, then visit the official website.
You can also opt for a refund through a phone call, but you will have to pay extra service charges.
- Start by dialing 1 (888) 937-8538 on your phone.
- Follow the IVR prompts.
- Press 1 for cancellation and refund
- After pressing the relevant button, you will have to wait on hold till you get connected to the live agent.
- Explain your problem to the spokesperson and also provide you’re booking details.
- The agent will complete the refund process on your behalf.
- Don’t forget to take the refund tracking number to check the WestJet refund status.