How much do I need to pay to change an Air India flight?
Air India allows you to make free flight changes up to the first 24 hours of initial reservation. But, if you surpass the standard time limit, you need to pay up to INR 2500 against the change. The airline has one of the most flexible bookings and reservation change policies, making it convenient. The Air India change flight fee depends on the fare you have bought from Air India and making the changes. Keep reading if you wish to find important information about the flight change policy of Air India and how you can proceed with the change.
The flight change terms and conditions at Air India
Air India has set up some flight change guidelines that every traveler must abide by. Some of the general regulations are mentioned below-
- The modification charges at Air India range up to 2500, and you might have to pay some additional charges if you do not comply with the set time limit.
- However, if you are looking forward to a date change, you need to pay around INR 1100 or equivalent when booking a domestic flight with Air India.
- Pay an applicable charge if you want to make changes in your reservation up to 12 hours of the departure; the statement stays true only if you are an Air India first class or Business class passenger.
- You can also complete the formalities for Air India change flight date online if you made the reservation online or by using the Air India official ticket counter.
Keep the mentioned guidelines in mind if you do not want to pay for the change. Once you comply with the given pointers, you can proceed further by making an informative decision.
Steps to change your Air India flight
Follow the given steps to make necessary changes in your flight-
- First off, launch the Air India official website.
- Navigate the Manage Your Trip section as given on the homepage.
- Enter the required credentials like your last name and the ticket booking number; retrieve your booking.
- Select the Modify Booking option and make the necessary changes to your flight.
- Now, choose a flight of your choice and tap on the Change Flight tab below the page.
- If there are any applicable change fees or fare differences, proceed further to pay the fee.
- Once you complete the transaction, Air India sends you a message confirming the change.
The Air India change flight formalities are easy to comply with; you need to follow easy and doable steps, and you are good to go. If you need any additional assistance, you can contact the Air India official travel consolidators.