How to Change Name on Southwest Flight Reservation?
You can change the name on a Southwest Airlines ticket online, easily accessible from your preferred system. You can also request a Southwest name change at the airline, and the airline team will provide you with the correct way to modify your name. You can go through the below-mentioned information, including policy and procedure, which will help you change your name smoothly without making any mistakes.
What is the Southwest name change policy?
Before the Southwest name change procedure, you need to go through the below-discussed policy that will help you change the name without making mistakes. The policy has been made under the supervision of the senior authorities and maintains a trustworthy relationship between the airline and clients.
- You can change the name on your flight ticket up to 2 to 3 letters free of cost, and if it is a whole name change, then you need to pay the price according to your name.
- If it is a middle name or legal name change, such as divorce, the airline will do it for free, but you need a valid supportive document.
- According to the Southwest name change policy, if you book your flight ticket with a third party or travel agency, you need to connect with that particular travel agent or third party to make further changes in your name section.
- You need not pay the flight change fees if you have changed the flight details within 24 hours of booking. On the other hand, if you have changed flight information after 24 hours of flight booking, you must pay the flight change fees.
- All the booking details are nontransferable, which means the airline authority does not allow a change of ownership of tickets/PNR to another person.
- You can fix the spelling mistake by connecting with the airline team.
How do I correct a misspelled name on my Southwest ticket?
You can connect a misspelled name on your Southwest ticket with the help of the mentioned Southwest name correction procedure, which includes steps that will help you make changes easily. The steps are written in bullet points for better understanding and easy application.
- You can open the official portal of Southwest Airlines.
- After that, click on the login button and sign up with your account.
- Now tap the manage booking option and enter your booking reference number and last name.
- The page will show you the flight details; click the flight change button under that.
- Following that, you must go through the on-screen instructions and change the name according to your wish.
- Lastly, pay the price for a name change, if any; otherwise, get the flight ticket with the updated name in your registered details.
While changing your name, you need to have your valid identification card so there will be no mistake at the time of modification.
Southwest name change through the airline's official app
The app-based facility will provide a platform to perform flight tasks on your preferred smartphone, such as the flight name change option. The app is available for both the operating system and for free of cost.
- Open the official Southwest app on your phone.
- Now, at the app, log in with your credentials.
- The app home screen will open; tap on the manage booking tab.
- Enter your booking number and surname, then click on continue.
- The page will show you the booking details under that flight change button.
- Then, change your name and follow the on-panel instructions to complete the process.
- Finally, confirm your name and pay the amount, then the airline will drop the confirmation notification at your registered details.
How can I change my name on the Southwest flight ticket by phone?
You can change your name on the Southwest flight ticket by phone to directly connect with the airline team. You can call via toll-free number 1-800-435-9792, available for 24 hours and seven days. After dialing the number, you can contact the live person to whom you can provide your booking details and keep your identification document ready so that it will be easier for the airline live person to change your name. After that, you need to pay the price, and then personnel will provide the information code message with your registered details.
How much does Southwest charge for the name change?
The Southwest name change fee depends upon the ticket type and the time duration in which you have put the Southwest name change request. The airline will generally charge you from 80 to 200 $ if you apply for the name change within 24 hours of flight booking.
You need to review this article and clarify your doubts for further details. Otherwise, you can change the name on your flight ticket mentioned above.
Change flight reservations: https://www.southwest.com/air/change/
Other links: https://community.southwest.com/t5/Reservations/Changing-last-name-on-ticket/td-p/50430/page/2
Customer service: 1 (800) 435-9792