How early can I check-in with Volaris?
Do you have any doubts concerning your Volaris flight booking or check-in in general? You have come to the exact right place. We are about to share information covering check-in-related certain aspects. You can follow this space entirely for more details.
People can check-in for their flights using online Volaris check-in for their flight reservations. Let us consider certain different ways available for Volaris flight check-in:
- Website check-in via volaris.com.
- Check-in using the Volaris mobile application.
- People can check-in at the airport using the kiosk.
- One can check-in at the airport counter.
- It is better for the passenger to reach the airport at least three hours prior to the scheduled departure of the flight. This way people have ample time to complete the check-in process, and baggage check-in, and reach the boarding gate in time.
- People taking flights to the U.S.A. need to reach the airport at least four hours before the actual departure of the flight. People need to reach the boarding gate at least 90 minutes prior to the scheduled departure of the flight.
People need to ensure the following guidelines as far as Volaris check-in online is concerned:
- Air shuttle (Madrid-Barcelona) 15/20 minutes before the exact departure.
- Short and medium-haul flights 45 minutes before the exact departure.
- Long-haul flights (including Africa and Tel Aviv) one hour before the scheduled departure.
There are a few exceptions as well:
- Buenos Aires, Ecuador, Santo Domingo, Peru at least 75 minutes are needed before the exact departure of the flight.
- Guatemala at least 40 minutes before the scheduled departure.
- Caracas, Cali, and Medellin at least two hours prior to the scheduled departure of the flight.
Volaris airlines check-in time
People are able to check in for their flights online either using the website or by downloading the Volaris mobile application on their device. Passengers can navigate to the official Volaris website www.volaris.com to initiate check-in for their flight bookings. The timings for Volaris check-in online are as follows:
- Passengers are able to check-in for their flight bookings 24 hours to 1 hour prior to the scheduled departure of their flight for bookings to or from the United States of America, Mexico, South Africa, Puerto Rico, Cuba, UK, El Salvador, and Guatemala.
- Passengers having flight reservations to or from Italy, Germany, Morocco, etc can go ahead with online check-in for their flights just after purchasing the ticket up to 1 hour before the actual flight departure at Volaris airlines.
Here are some of the exceptional cases in the case of Volaris online check-in as far as the check-in deadline is concerned.
- The check-in window opens online 90 minutes prior to the actual departure time of the flight for departing flights from Lagos and San Jose.
- The check-in window opens three hours prior to the actual flight departure in the case of flights departing from Caracas.
There are certain points that passengers must contemplate with respect to Volaris check-in:
- Passengers can reach the airport thirty minutes prior to the actual flight departure if they have no checked-in baggage.
- One cannot cancel the boarding pass after the issue. If the passenger fails to reach the boarding gate after the issuance of a boarding pass. The ticket will be considered under the ‘no show’ category.
- All the passengers flying to the United States must reach the airport at least 4 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure and they must reach the boarding gate at least 90 minutes before the scheduled flight departure for their flight booking at Volaris.
Self-service kiosk check-in time
- Passengers can use the kiosks at the airport for check-in and this can be done at least 1 hour prior to the scheduled departure.
Airport check-in time
- Passengers are able to check-In for their Volaris reservations at the airport. They must reach the airport well in advance such as 3 or 4 hours prior to the scheduled departure time of their flight.
What is Volaris Check-in policy?
Passengers going to travel on Volaris flight reservations need to stick to the inclusion of the Volaris check-in policy released by the airline. Some of the key pointers are as follows:
- People must check-in their Baggage at Volaris at least two hours prior to the actual departure time of their flights. This needs to be done in the case of a domestic flight booking.
- Passengers having an international flight booking need to check their bags at least three hours before the scheduled flight departure.
- Online check-in becomes available 72 hours prior to the scheduled departure time and the online check-in window is valid till 1 hour prior to the actual departure time. This is applicable in the case of a domestic flight reservation with Volaris.
- The online check-in window in the case of an international flight reservation opens 24 hours before the actual departure time of the Volaris flight and remains open till 1 hour before the scheduled departure time.
One must also abide by the Volaris check-in baggage policy that includes the following key-pointers:
- People traveling with Volaris airlines need to carry electronic items, valuable items, medications, and travel documents in their carry-on baggage.
- People must not carry any liquid items in their carry-on baggage. This is necessary as far as airport security is concerned. People can carry a limited amount of liquids, and/or gels. The permitted amount is 3 oz (100 ml) or less.
Here is a detailed account of Volaris check-in baggage as per the flight fare category selected at Volaris airlines by passengers.
Volaris offers three types of fares for flights:
- Vuela Plus.
- Vuela Classic, and
- Vuela Basic.
The permitted baggage allowance as per the fare class is as follows:
- People traveling in the Vuela basic fare can take a total of two standard cabin bags. The permitted size is 22 lbs between the two of them and the maximum size allowance is 22x16x10 in each (length width height).
- Board last.
- Passengers can take two large cabin bags that should not exceed the following weight requirements: 44 lbs between them and maximum dimensions are: 22x16x10 in each (LxWxH).
- Board second.
- People having Vuela Plus reservations can take a maximum of two large cabin bags and the permitted weight is 44 lbs. The maximum allowed dimension should not exceed the following measurements: 22x16x10 in LxWxH.
- Board first.
Volaris airlines allow passengers to take a total of 5 checked bags for their flight reservation at an additional baggage cost. The permitted weight for Volaris flights is 55 lbs and the bags must not exceed 62 inches in total (LxWxH). Volaris allows a maximum of 99 lbs as overweight baggage.
Let us now consider the Volaris check-in baggage fee charged by the airline in the case of Volaris flight reservations:
- First checked baggage at the time of booking: LS up to USD 1027 MXN. HS up to USD 1027 MXN.
- First checked baggage during pre-flight: LS up to USD 1365 MXN. HS up to USD 1365 MXN.
- First checked bag at the airport or boarding gate: LS up to USD 1100 MXN. HS up to USD 1300 MXN.
Note: Extra checked baggage starts at USD 1300 MXN and can go up to 1500 MXN for your Volaris flight booking. An additional 10 kg carry-on would cost USD 702 to 910 MXN on the basic fare at Volaris airlines.
The excess baggage fee at Volaris is as follows:
- Carry on above 15 kgs: USD 700 to 800 MXN.
- Excess checked baggage between 26 to 35 kgs: USD 800 to 1000 MXN.
- Excess checked baggage between 36 to 45 kgs: USD 1800 to 2000 MXN.
Official weblink: https://www.volaris.com
Regarding check-in online visit: https://cms.volaris.com/en/travel-info/before-your-flight/easy-travel/