How long does it take for British Airways to refund?
All the passengers of British airways who have canceled their flight successfully are required to wait for at least seven working days to get their refund. Passengers must know about the British airways refund policy to claim their refund after flight cancelation. The refund of your canceled British airways flight depends on many criteria, which are discussed down below, so do not forget to check it out before canceling your flight.
The refund policy of British airways
- You can claim the full refund of the canceled reservation by withdrawing the booking within 24 hours of making a ticket purchase as per the 24-hour risk-free cancelation policy of British airways.
- A cancellation fee will be deducted on the canceled tickets after 24 hours of purchasing a cancelation charge by British airways.
- The refund amount of your canceled British airways reservation depends on the time of cancellation, time left in your departure of flight, route, ticket type and cabin, etc.
- The officials inspect all the refund requests at British airways and then initiate back in the original payment mode.
- The British Airways flight must be canceled completely so that you can get the refund accordingly.
- The British airways officials initiate all the refunds within 7 to 10 working days, so sit back and wait for a while.
- In case of a non-refundable flight cancelation, passengers must know that the refunds are provided in the form of travel funds valid for a year, and you can redeem them on future flight bookings.
Refund procedure of British airways
Once you are well informed about the British airways refund policy, you can proceed with the procedure. Passengers need to fill out the British airways refund request form to get the refund. The process to find the refund request form of British airways is instructed below:
- Open the official British airways webpage on your web engine with the help of a desktop.
- Go to the 'manage' option from the top panel and provide your booking reference number and the passenger's name as stated on the tickets.
- Click on the 'find my booking' button, and your British airways reservation details will display on the following screen.
- Locate the cancel/modify button and click on it. Follow the on-screen instructions to withdraw from your British Airways booking completely.
- You will immediately get the cancelation confirmation on the associated mailing address and be prompted to a refund request link.
- Click on the refund request form and fill it with all the required information regarding your canceled flight.
- Finally, submit the form, and you will get the refund as per your eligibility criteria.
In this way, you can claim your refund from British airways in a seamless manner. Besides this, you can request a British airways refund from the customer service executives on several contact methods.
Official weblink: https://www.britishairways.com
Regarding rebook and refund visit: https://www.britishairways.com/en-us/information/delayed-or-cancelled-flights/rebook-and-refund-options
Customer Service: 1 (800) 247-9297