When can I expect to get a refund from JetBlue?
JetBlue requires all the important details before processing a refund, but once you provide all the details, it takes around 20 days to receive a refund. No matter what payment type you used- credit card or cash, to book a JetBlue flight, you get the refund twenty days after the request submission.
You can process the JetBlue refund on your own by visiting the official website of JetBlue and following some easy steps. However, the JetBlue live agents can help you out in real-time if you face technical pitfalls!
General Refund Terms and Conditions at JetBlue
Below-given are some refund conditions imposed by JetBlue to accommodate the needs of its travelers:
Non-Refundable Flight Tickets
- You can only make the full refund claim if you cancel the reservation within a day of its initial purchase.
- However, if you cross the free cancellation period, the airline provides travel credits if you are eligible for any.
Refundable Flight Tickets
- When you purchase a refundable flight ticket from JetBlue, you are allowed to cancel the reservation online without paying any fees if you complete the formalities within a day of booking.
- As per the JetBlue refund policy, you can cancel the reservation hours before the scheduled departure by paying cancellation charges. The airline refunds the eligible amount or provides travel credit to benefit your future journey.
- You must know that at JetBlue, the Basic fares are categorized as non-refundable flight tickets.
- You might have to pay cancellation charges of around 200 USD per person if you travel within the boundaries of the following regions- US, Mexico, Caribbean, or Central America.
- If you are a no-show, the airline forfeits the entire booking and cancels your whole itinerary.
- Also, when the airline registers you as a no-show, you might not get a refund at all for your cancelled flight, so it is still a better option to voluntarily cancel or reschedule the flight if you face any irregularities with your itinerary.
Travel Bank Refund
- The airline sends the refund credit to the passenger’s Travel Bank Account if they cancel a non-refundable fare from JetBlue.
- Also, there is no validity period on JetBlue travel credits so a passenger can use them anytime they wish to purchase a new flight.
No matter if you need a JetBlue refund due to covid or due to any underlying personal reasons; the airline has stored a reward for you. Also, there might be times when you face difficulty retrieving a refund on your own; you can take help from the airline travel consolidators in such difficult scenarios.
Official link: https://www.jetblue.com
Regarding refunds: https://www.jetblue.com/help/refunds
Customer service: 1 (800) 538-2583