Recent update on Spirit airlines cancellation policy
Today the whole world is fighting the virus of COVID-19 and most of the countries have gone into complete lockdown. And along with this lockdown, travelling is also completely suspended. Hence USA based Spirit Airlines has also suspended its flights. Now there are a lot of people who had booked flights with spirits but could not fly because of the emergency lockdown. Therefore for the convenience of certain passengers, Airline has issued certain policies for flight cancellation without having to pay Spirit Airline cancellation fee. Thus to cancel your flight, you can check the below-given policies of Spirit Airlines.
Want to be updated with the cancellation policies of Spirit Airlines due to Coronavirus
- If you yourself want to cancel your flight then you have to follow the simple cancellation steps by going on my trips, entering your name and flight details and get your flight cancelled.
- Because of the travel ban, if your flights get rescheduled then you will be notified of the changes. And you can either travel later or cancel your bookings
- In case your flight got cancelled and you could not call off your reservation then, in that case, the airline itself will cancel your flight.
Get updates on Spirit cancellation policy due to death or illness
If a passenger is ill or died, it is not possible to travel at the exact date and time, and in that condition, someone can cancel his flight instantly. It is quite a tragic circumstance when a passenger has to travel on the next, but he or someone in his family dies abruptly; there are the policies required to follow and get a total amount of refund quickly. To avoid confusion, you need to go through the Spirit Cancellation Refund policy and create a hope to get a refund within a short period of time.
Some basic updates on cancellation policy due to death or illness on Spirit Airlines:
- You can indeed get a full refund right after the flight cancellation, even for non-refundable tickets, after explaining the real cause of the issue.
- In a study, it has been observed that when an immediate family member dies. However, a few carriers refuse to issue bereavement refunds and go through the documentation to get a refund directly.
- If you have sent a refund request within 24 hours before a flight departure, you should not wait for a longer time as you can get a refund quickly.
- If you are ill and cannot travel on the next day at a reasonable time, you must send a flight cancellation request as soon as possible with a medical report smoothly.
- To cancel your flight, you don’t have to pay any cancellation charges if you have explained about illness and tragic circumstances of someone’s death in your family.
Know about Spirit Cancellation fee & cost
When you need to cancel your flight ticket online or offline mode, you must be aware of the cancellation fee & cost accordingly.
- If you cancel your flight generally within 59 to 15 days, you have to pay a cancellation fee of approx. USD 39.
- When you wish to cancel within 14 days to 7 days, you might get USD 59 to pay the cancellation fee.
- If you cancel your flight on the same day, you are required to pay USD 79 per passenger and get a full refund as well.
Further, if you ask how long it takes to get a refund from Spirit Airlines, you have to typically wait 20 business days for the refund to get processed significantly.