How much does it cost to cancel a flight with Etihad?
If you have made your reservations with Etihad Airways and then later got some urgent work or because of poor health you are unable to take your flight, in such situations, there is no doubt that you have to make a cancellation for your booking, and that comes with several terms and conditions. Therefore, to go through an informative cancellation and to enlighten yourself about whether you will get a refund, you should know the Etihad cancellation policy so that you do not face any problems during the cancellation and can request a refund if you are eligible for it. Further, we will discuss everything related to Etihad’s cancellation policy and procedure.
The cancellation policy of Etihad:
Some terms and conditions are included in the cancellation policy, and knowing them will help you with it and a refund. Go through the Etihad airways cancellation rules and guidelines given below and enlighten yourself:
- If you want a full refund for the canceled ticket, make sure you cancel it within 24 hours of purchase.
- You can request a refund if you have booked a refundable ticket. These tickets will get the full amount refunded after the cancellation.
- If you have booked non-refundable tickets, you will not get a refund of your ticket price. But you can claim the government taxes and applicable charges.
- According to the Etihad cancellation policy, passengers can claim a refund if they cancel their ticket for a justified reason, such as a serious medical condition or emergency.
- You can also request a refund if you have canceled your tickets because you had a demise at your home.
- If your Etihad flight was more than 3 to 4 hours late, you can cancel your ticket and request a refund from the Airline.
- Etihad might cancel your ticket for many reasons, such as technical errors, extremely bad weather conditions, flight delays, overbooking, etc. In all such situations, you can ask for a refund with compensation from the Airline.
- If you missed your connecting flight because of a delay, you can request a refund from Etihad Airways.
- If you request a refund from Etihad, then make sure you have all the required documents, such as a medical report or doctor’s prescription.
- The cancellation charges depend on the class, destination, and time of cancellation.
- If you have paid for your tickets online, your refund will take 7 business days to return.
- If your way of payment was through cash or card, it will take at least 21 business days for your refund to return.
The cancellation fee of Etihad Airways:
The cancellation fee that Etihad demands from its passengers differs for each class and destination. However, if you cancel any class or route tickets within 24 hours of purchase, you will be free of charge. The timing of your cancellation also affects your cancellation charges and refund. However, the charges for cancellation according to the class and route are given below:
- Class - Cancellations charges for each class are given below:
- First Class - If you have canceled a first-class ticket, you must pay $170.
- Business Class - For business class cancellation, you have to pay $130
- Economy Class - The cancellation charges for economy class range from $75 to $100.
- Route - Depending on your route, the cancellation charges are listed below:
- Within 500 km - Cancellation for this route ranges from $45 to $75.
- 500 km to 1500 km - Charges for this route cancellation range from $75 to $120.
- Above 1500 km - You have to pay the cancellation charges that range from $150 to $200.
How to cancel an Etihad Airways ticket?
When you are looking for the cancellation of an Etihad flight ticket, then you should know the ways through which you can cancel it. There are various ways through which you can cancel your Etihad ticket and request an Etihad airways refund, such as on the phone, online at the Airport helpdesk, etc., and we will talk about all of them in detail below:
- On the Phone - Whenever you want things to take place quickly, remember that the best method is the phone number of Etihad customer service. They will respond quickly and help you with your queries and resolve them:
- Dial 1 (877) 690-0767, the phone number of Etihad, and go through the IVR menu.
- To choose your preferred language, you need to press 1.
- If you want to enquire about your flight ticket, press 2.
- You can press 3 if you have queries related to check-in, boarding pass, baggage, etc.
- Press 4 for queries about cancellations and refunds.
- If you want to talk to an Etihad executive, you must press 5.
- Through Online - When canceling your flight on your own through Manage Booking, you do not need to look for the contact details of Etihad. You just have to follow some simple steps, and you will be able to cancel your flight:
- Visit the official website of Etihad Airways.
- Click on Manage Booking and enter your booking reference and last name.
- Go to the Menu and select cancellation from the flight section.
- Follow the given instructions and complete the cancellation.
You will receive a cancellation number at your registered email address or phone number.
- Airport Helpdesk - Making cancellations at the Airport help desk is extremely easy. You have to get to the help desk and ask them to cancel your flight by providing the required documents, such as a ticket, passport, government-issued identity, etc. They will give you a cancellation number useful during a refund request.
- Etihad App - Etihad App is one such helping hand that is there to help the passengers with each and every tiny thing. You can access your booking on this and get the information about the latest updates and offers:
- Download the Etihad Airways app and log in to your account.
- Go to the cancellation menu and follow the instructions.
- Cancel your flight, and you will receive a confirmation at your registered email address.
Will I get a full refund for Etihad Airways?
Yes, you can get a full refund from Etihad if you have made Etihad 24-hour cancellation within the booking. In case of refundable tickets and medical emergencies in all these situations, Etihad offers a refund, but you have to submit the required documents.
Official weblink: https://www.etihadhub.com
Regarding cancellation fee, visit: https://www.etihadhub.com/en-ae/news/cancellation-fee