How much does it cost to cancel a flight with Etihad?
Etihad Airways is one of the most prominent and successful airline service providers in the United Arab Emirates. Suppose you have an existing flight reservation with Etihad Airways that you do not wish to continue with. In that case, you can cancel your flight effortlessly as the airlines understand just the situation, so it has come up with an Etihad Airways cancellation policy discussed below in this article. All the existing flight ticket holders of Etihad Airways wishing to withdraw their booking can read on further to know the cancellation charges, process, and policy to learn in-depth.
Etihad Airways flight cancellation policy
- As per Etihad Airway's 24-hour risk-free cancellation policy, passengers can withdraw their booking without getting charged extra money if they do this action on the same day as making a reservation with Etihad Airways.
- All the flight cancellations after the 24-hour risk-free period will fall under the cancellation charges as per the policy.
- The cancellation charges imposed on your Etihad Airways booking depend on the time of canceling a flight, time left in departure, ticket type, route, condition, and your flight cabin Etihad Airways.
- If a passenger cancels their flight for an emergency such as the death of a family member can claim the full refund from Etihad Airways, but they have to show the supportive documents to the airline.
- All the flight cancellations done after the 24 hours free period will be charged with the cancellation fee of USD 40 onwards as per the ticket condition.
Etihad Airways flight cancellation process
All the canceled flights within 24 hours of making a reservation with Etihad Airways will not be charged any cancellation fee. Still, the Etihad Airways cancellation charges of USD 40 onwards are applied to the canceled booking after the active period. For now, you can refer to the most convenient way of canceling a reservation with Etihad Airways mentioned down below:
- Open the official website of Etihad Airways.
- Go to the Manage tab from the top panel.
- Click on the view or change booking under the manage your booking menu.
- Please enter your booking reference code or ticket number along with the passenger's last name, then hit the find my booking button.
- Your flight itinerary of Etihad Airways will display on the following screen, so locate the cancel button and click on it.
- State your reason for cancellation and continue with the further steps.
- Finally, you will receive a cancellation confirmation on your associated meaning address.
Apart from this, passengers can also contact the Etihad Airways customers support executive to request Etihad Airways cancellation of flight booking. The customer support agents are available on multiple contact modes such as phone calls, email, live chat, and special media accounts given on the official website.
Official weblink: https://www.etihadhub.com
Regarding cancellation fee, visit: https://www.etihadhub.com/en-ae/news/cancellation-fee