What is the baggage allowance for Etihad?
If you have booked a flight with Etihad or know someone who plans to fly with Etihad and is looking for the Etihad Airways baggage allowance to avoid discomfort in your travels with Etihad, read further. You will know about Etihad's baggage policy and baggage allowance in the passages below. You will have a clear idea of the baggage policy after going through the guidelines that are provided.
Etihad Baggage allowance
Checked in Baggage:
Your luggage allowance is solely determined by weight and size restrictions. There are limitations on how much you can carry. Read the baggage policy provided below to travel without hassle.
Canada and the US:
- Passengers who have booked their reservation in Etihad Airways baggage allowance for economy class are allowed to take two bags which should be 23 kg each. It should not exceed 23 kg.
- Passengers who have booked their reservation in business class are allowed to take two bags, and both bags should not exceed 32 kg.
- Passengers who have made their reservations in first class are allowed to take two bags, and they should not exceed 32 kg.
- The maximum checked-in baggage dimensions allowed for Canada and the US are 70 cm x 50 cm x 38 cm.
Etihad Airways baggage allowance international:
- Passengers traveling from any of the Gulf countries or India in economy class are allowed to take two bags that should not exceed 30 kg.
- Passengers who are traveling in economy flex tickets can take two bags. The limit should not exceed 35 kg.
- In business or first class, passengers are allowed to carry bags, and the limit should not exceed 40 kg and 50 kg, respectively.
- For other countries, the maximum checked-in baggage dimensions allowed is 90 cm x 72 cm x 45 cm.
Carry on Baggage:
- You are allowed to take hand luggage in the cabin.
- Hand luggage can be anything that is small enough to fit beneath the seats.
- You can take your backpack, suitcase and roller bags which are small enough to fit in.
- You need to be aware of the bag's weight and dimensions. You might have to pay a baggage fee if it exceeds the limit.
- The allowance for carry-on baggage also depends on the class of your tickets.
- Check with Etihad Airlines beforehand about the baggage policy in order to have a smooth journey.
Add on Baggage:
Etihad also allows you to take extra baggage, but the charges may apply depending on the weight of the bags. You can either add it in advance, or you can add it during the check-in process.
- Head to the official website of Etihad.
- And then click on the “Manage Booking” option, which is seen on the dashboard.
- Enter your last name and your booking number and enter.
- You can see your flight details, click on it and click on add baggage.
- Depending on the weight of your luggage and if you add on luggage, you will be charged.
- Give your bank details and make the payment.
- If you forgot to book in advance, you could also do it at the time of check-in.
If your baggage exceeds the given dimensions, you will have to pay extra charges depending on the weight. Make sure to visit the official website of Etihad Airlines to learn more about the Etihad Airways baggage allowance charges for a comfortable journey. The fee also depends on the type and class of your tickets and the departure and arrival destinations.
Exclusive and sports baggage:
- The guest members of Etihad Airlines are allowed to take a piece of additional baggage of 23 kg and 32 kg free of cost.
- Passengers are also allowed to take sports equipment which will be charged. Contact the Etihad representative to know more about the sport equipment bags allowance and the fare.
- Visit the site Etihad to know more about the infant baggage policy. You are allowed to take a few pieces of equipment without any extra payments.
If you are traveling out of Canada or the US or flying from other countries, make sure to read the baggage policy of your country; each country has a different Etihad baggage policy. Etihad also provides various modes of communication. If you have any doubts about the baggage policy, you can also contact the airline via phone, text, email, or social media.
Also, visit the website of Etihad to go through the FAQs already provided by Etihad Airlines.
Official website: https://www.etihad.com
Regarding baggage allowance info, visit: https://www.etihad.com/en-us/fly-etihad/baggage