What is Asiana Airlines cancellation policy?
Asiana Airlines is a South Korean Airlines headquartered in Seoul. A large number of passengers travel with Asiana Airlines every day from all around the globe. At times, it is observed that passengers have to cancel their flight because of some emergency or change of plan. If your Asiana Airlines tickets are booked, and you are looking to cancel the flight, then you must know the Asiana Airlines cancellation policy and accordingly cancel your flight. These policies can be helpful if you want to cancel the flight and get a refund. The policies are as follows:
- To cancel a flight, passengers must have a confirmed Asiana Airlines ticket, and the flight must be operated by Asiana Airlines.
- If the tickets are booked from any third party, the cancellation request must be made by the source.
- For all cancellations made within 24 hours from the ticket purchase time, you can get a full refund, provided the tickets were booked at least seven days before the departure.
- Asiana Airlines' 24-hour cancellation is not applicable for group booking and reward tickets.
- The 24-hour cancellation policy applies to all fare types regardless of the class of service.
- For all the cancellations made after 24 hours from the booking time, a certain cancellation fee will be charged depending on the time and route of the flight.
- Passengers can cancel their flight up to 3 hours before the flight to get a refund.
- If the cancellation is made very close to the departure time, passengers won't get any refund.
- The airline will deduct the full ticket amount if a passenger is marked as a no-show candidate.
- If the flight is canceled or delayed by more than 3 hours, the passengers can apply to cancel their flight free of charge.
When can I get a full refund at Asiana Airlines?
In many situations, passengers can cancel their flight and get a full refund. The situations are as follows:
- Flight delay- If the flight is delayed for more than 3 hours due to the airline's internal disturbance, passengers can rebook or cancel the flight and apply for a full refund.
- Travel insurance- If the cancellation is covered under a travel insurance plan, the passengers can get a full refund.
- Bereavement - In case passengers or immediate family members die, Asiana Airlines gives a full refund of the ticket.
- Circumstances beyond the airline's control- If the flight was canceled due to a state of emergency, severe weather, technical glitches, or any other situation beyond the airline's control. Passengers can ask for a full refund.
- Twenty-four hours free cancellation- A full refund will be given to the passengers if the flight was canceled within the 24-hour leveraged period.
How to cancel an Asiana Airlines flight?
There are many ways to cancel an Asian Airlines flight. One must be aware of the cancellation policy and charges before heading to cancel their flight. The methods and steps to cancel the flight are as follows:
- Online through the website: Passengers can cancel their flight online via Asiana Airlines. Go to the Asiana Airlines website and find your booking using the reservation number and passenger's last name, click on cancel the flight, fill out the Asiana Airlines cancellation form, and click on the Submit button. Soon, you will get a confirmation regarding the successful cancellation of your flight.
- Via phone call: Asiana Airlines also allows its passengers to cancel their flight by contacting the customer service agents via a phone call. Go to the Contact Us page, and the reservation phone number will be available on the page. Dial the number and talk to an agent regarding canceling your flight. Provide them with all your flight details, and they will guide you through the steps to cancel the flight.
What are Asiana Airlines cancellation fees?
The cancellation fees of Asiana Airlines depend on the route and time of the cancellation request. Asiana Airlines cancellation fees differ for domestic and international flights. Following are the cancellation fees at Asiana Airlines:
Refund penalty on Korean Domestic flights:
- For business class, a refund charge of KRW 3,000 will be applied.
- For Economy: Normal fare - KRW 3,000; discounted fare - KRWS 7,000; and Special fare - KRW 9,000.
- Refund penalty on international flights (Korean departure only):
- For all classes, no refund penalty will be changed for canceling the flight before 91 days from the departure.
- For "J" and "Y" classes, the cancellation made between 90 to the day of departure will be no penalty, but a service charge of 30,000 KRW will be charged.
- For all the other classes, the refund penalty differs for short-, medium-, and long-haul flights. Check the refund page on the Asiana Airlines website and get the detailed refund penalty chart.
Asiana Airlines understands unavoidable situations when passengers must cancel or change their flight. The terms and conditions are available on the official website of Asiana Airlines, which every passenger can view and accordingly change or cancel their flight. The customer service officials are also available to assist the passengers whenever required.